Rabu, 09 Juni 1993

(Autobiography) All about Me, Laili Nurilliya..

                  On 9 June 1993, I was born safely in Kotaanyar, a sub-district in Probolinggo, East Java. My parents, Suradi and Minarsih named me with a beautiful name. It was “Ela Nurul Qomariyah”. I grew in a happy family with my father as a teacher and my mother as a union officer.
                  At the age of five, I was diagnosed with typhus. My family was surprised as I was cheerful and hyperactive child. But then, my grandmother decided to change my name to be “Laili Nurilliya”. It was an ancient belief that a name could change one’s destiny.
My parents did not believe it. In fact, I was healed on the day after my grandmother changed my name. Afterwards, I lived with my new name. Everything was running perfectly.
                       In 1999, I learned a lot to sing and draw in Pertiwi Kindergarten, Kotaanyar. I just spent a year to graduate from this basic grade of children education. Then I started my elementary school in my seventh age. I studied in Kotaanyar 1 State Elementary School. In the first and the second grade, I could achieve the second rank successively. Unfortunately, my score was lower continuously in the third up to the last grade of my elementary school.
                   After I graduated from my elementary school in 2005, I decided to study in the Islamic boarding school. Then my parent enrolled me to Nurul Jadid Junior High School, Probolinggo. I was totally glad because it was my first experience to live far from my family.
                   In Nurul Jadid Islamic Boarding School, I studied theology and science. Besides, there was also an institution which assisted junior high school students to practice their English. It was Language Intensive Program of SMP Nurul Jadid (LIPS). I was interested. Afterwards, I registered to this institution in 2006. I got a great experience to practice my English conversation all day long in two years.
                 2008 was the year of my junior high school graduation. I was extremely confused to decide where I must continue my study. But then, my parents tended to enroll me to Nurul Jadid Senior High School. I finally planned to develop my English skill in Foreign Language Development Institution (FLDI), an English institution for senior high school students in Nurul Jadid. I learned a lot in this institution. I just realized that I had potential skill in English. It was beyond imagination. I got many achievements in some English contests. In 2009, my teachers trusted me to be the representative of my senior high school in Story Telling Contest of UNISMA (English Festival 2009-around East Java). I got the third rank. Whereupon, a year after I achieved it, I and two friends of mine were invited to join the English Debate Contest which was also held in UNISMA (English Festival 2010-around East Java). It was the most awesome experience ever. We did not win, but we got the highest score in two criteria, pronunciation and manner.
                  Several months after that, I intended to join the English Debate Contest in Brawijaya University, Malang. I did it. My team was in the second rank. In the next year, 2011, I thought that I needed some break to really start focusing on my study. However, my friends suggested me to join an English Debate Contest for Islamic Boarding Schools all over East Java which was conducted by the Indonesian Religion Department. I could not deny that I was interested. On eventually, my team won the contest.
                   After I passed my final examination of senior high school in 2011, I planned to study in State University of Jember. Unfortunately, I failed the test. I was frustrated. Afterwards, my parents enrolled me to the Islamic University of Malang. They supported me to take the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education exactly in English Department. It is where I’m studying and improving my English skill now.

3 komentar:

  1. this is such a great value to find you on this blog. hope you can also invite your friends to write in English. keep writing.....

    BalasHapus
  2. thnk you, faruuq.. ^_^

    you can also find Hidayat on this blog.. :-)
    http://dayata88.blogspot.com/?m=1

    would u like to give me your blog link..
    I need to learn more from my friend's blog..

    Tnhks..
    Happy writing, Faruq..!!

    BalasHapus
  3. Sure, you can reach me here www.faruqubaidillah.wordpress.com

    BalasHapus

LaLa's Latest Stories My Balcony